This quote by Jim Elliot is simple and yet profound. His life was consecrated and surrendered to God. His words indicate his complete trust in God and remind us that God always gives His best when we leave the choice with Him.
Click here to read more about Jim Elliot.
During my 20’s, I looked for answers to life in the self-help section of the bookstore. Then on January 1, 1989 I attended a church where I heard the Gospel. I went home and prayed to receive Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.
My new life with Christ was like a voyage. I had been at the helm of my ship, but now Jesus wanted to steer. Since then, I have learned to trust that God always gives His best when I leave the choice with Him.
When we know God personally we learn by experience that He always gives His best. He can help us even when we’re faced with the most difficult decisions.
Some choices are easy, such as what sandwich we will have for lunch. While other choices are more life changing and understandably difficult.
We should pray and read the Bible before making a major choice. Certainly we can make our preferences known to God through prayer, but ultimately, we should leave the final choice with Him.
We need to trust Him completely and submit to Him.
We may have trust issues, but God is different because He is completely trustworthy.
Psalm 145:13 says, “Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The Lord is trustworthy in all he promises and faithful in all he does.” (NIV)
It is infinitely better to trust in God than to trust in others or even ourselves.
Here are 3 Biblical reasons why we should trust that God always gives His best:
1. God always gives His best because He is loving.
- John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” (NIV)
- Romans 5:8 says, “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (NIV)
Consider the price that God paid to give us the extravagant gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. If He has been this generous, we can trust Him with everything else.
2. God always gives His best because He is faithful.
- Isaiah 25:1 says, “O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago.” (KJV)
- 1 Corinthians 1:9 says, “God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.” (NIV)
God is perfect in faithfulness. He is not like a human being that says “yes” one moment and “no” the next. He doesn’t break promises and He will be faithful to accomplish everything that He purposes.
3. God always gives His best because He is good.
- Romans 8:28 says, “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” (NIV)
- Psalm 145:9 says, “The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.” (KJV)
God is incapable of having bad motives.
He is Holy and good all of the time and there is no darkness in Him. 1 John 1:5 says, “This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.” (NIV)
Are you trusting that God always gives His best?
Your thoughts are welcome! You can leave a comment below.
Help Spread the Word!
If you found this article helpful, we’d love for you to share it with others on social media or otherwise. This will help get the Word in front of more people who need biblical guidance. Thanks for your help!
Additional resources about related subjects on this site:
- Submit to Get What You Want
- 4 Steps to Identify Core Values and Make the Best Decisions
- quotecard We Make Our Decisions…
- What Does God Owe Me?