As a grade schooler, I loved to read biographies from our school library. Daniel Boone, Thomas Edison, Davey Crockett and others captivated and inspired me. That was 50 years ago. Yet still today, I love to read good biographies. Especialy Christian biographies.
In this podcast, Pastor Marty Schoenleber introduces us to the world of Christian biographies and answers to related questions such as:
- What are the benefits of reading Christian biographies?
- How can we make sure we remember the lessons learned from Christian biographies?
- What about listening to audio books?
- What are some good biographies to read?
- Are there any to stay away from?
Listen to this podcast to learn answers to these questions and why we should read Christian biographies.
Here are some of the great Christian biographies mentioned in this episode:
- Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy by Eric Metaxas
- Series of biographies: CHRISTIAN HEROES: THEN & NOW by Janet and Geoff Benge. Some of my favorites:
- John Williams
- Hudson Taylor
- Corrie ten Boom
- S. Lewis
- Adoniram Judson
- The Life and Diary of David Brainerd
- Brutchko: The Astonishing True Story of a 19-Year-Old American, His Capture by the Motilone Indians and His Adventures in Christianizing the Stone Age Tribe by Bruce Olson
Who is Marty? Marty Schoenleber Jr. has been a pastor, a church planter, a seminary professor, and an author but his favorite roll is as husband and father. These days he serves as one of the elders and teaching pastor at Trinity Church in Watseka, IL as well as his continuing work as a prolific blogger and missional strategist. In his blog he attempts to be “provocatively opinionated.”
Marty blogs at https://chosenrebel.me
You can see Marty’s books HERE.
You can also email Marty at email@example.com
Marty wrote about some Christian biographies in this article.
For more stories and Christian testimonies see these resources on my website:
- The Oranges, a guest post by Jim Carpenter
To learn more about this “Christianity Questions and Answers” podcast and how to submit your questions, click HERE.
- To receive Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord click HERE.
- To develop your relationship with God, get my free eBook “10 Prayers to Unlock Heaven on Earth” click HERE.
You can leave a comment below.
Help Spread the Word!
If you found this episode helpful, we’d love for you to rate the podcast in iTunes. This will help get this podcast in front of more people who need biblical guidance. Also, please Click here to leave a review – thanks so much for your help!
Facebook and other social media are random. But email is reliable. Please subscribe to my updates via email so you won’t miss any of these articles, podcasts or videos. You’ll also get my eBook: